It’s September Check-In time for the CBR11 Book Bingo Reading Challenge! I’m sorry it’s late. I have a terrible cold, but I am hopped up on cold medicine so let’s do this thing.
There are 46 Cannonballers playing, and you have posted over 450 reviews.
This post is a place for you to ask questions, ask for recommendations for categories, and find a review buddy if you need one. You can always post your questions in our Facebook group – Cannonball Read Book Chat, or on Twitter @cannonballread. This is also where we post important administrative issues.
Important Clarification: I wanted to clarify 2 of the squares on the Bingo card for this year: Remix and Classic. We had mentioned the #CannonBookClub Classics and Retellings in each square’s description. However, the Classic square is only for a classic book, and the Remix square is only for a retelling/adaptation. Other notes:
- Please remember to tag your bingo reviews with cbr11bingo, and not any other variation. I’ve found endless varieties of the tag, so please, when using the autofill, make sure you are selecting cbr11bingo. Please do not add the # in your tag, just the text cbr11bingo, all one word.
- Also, please remember to clearly indicate the category at the top or bottom of the review. My eyeballs thank you.
- If you are looking for free ebooks, particularly to fill the Classic category, check out Project Gutenberg.
Another Important Clarification: “Not My Wheelhouse” isn’t about reading a book you will hate, but trying a book you think you might like even though it isn’t your usual kind of book. The only reason to inflict a bad book on yourself is if you feel motivated to write a hate review or if that’s your personal kink. (Note from Mswas – Life’s too short for bad books!)
All participants and their bingo review number as of 12 am EST September 7. If you have posted a review on or after September 7, it will not be reflected on this count until the October Check-In post.
If your count is different from mine, please let me know in the comments. Also please make sure you have tagged your bingo reviews with cbr11bingo.
- Ale – 11 reviews, 1 bingo
- andtheIToldYouSos – 2 reviews
- Aquillia – 2 reviews
- ardaigle – 9 reviews, 1 bingo
- ASKReviews – 8 reviews
- badkittyuno – 23 reviews, 6 bingos
- BlackRaven – 25 reviews, Card complete*
- blauracke – 18 reviews, 1 bingo
- Carriejay – 13 reviews, 1 bingo.
- Classic – 25 reviews – Card complete
- cosbrarian – 18 reviews, 4 bingos
- CoffeeShopReader – 21 reviews, 6 bingos
- crystalclear – 8 reviews
- Debcapsfan – 2 reviews
- Denesteak – 2 reviews
- ElCicco – 20 reviews, 7 bingos
- Ellesfena – 2 reviews
- faintingviolet – 11 reviews
- FyreHaar – 1 review
- ingres77 – 3 reviews
- Jake – 13 reviews
- Jen K – 22 reviews, 7 bingos
- Jenny S – 2 reviews
- jeverett15 – 11 reviews
- KatSings – 6 reviews, 1 bingo
- Kella – 13 reviews
- kfishgirl – 5 reviews**
- KimMiE” – 12 reviews, 3 bingos
- LanierHgts – 3 reviews
- Leedock – 10 reviews, 1 bingo
- Lisa Bee – 6 reviews
- LittlePlat – 4 reviews
- Lowercasesee – 16 reviews, 1 bingo
- lumenatrix – 11 reviews
- Malin – 22 reviews, 8 bingos
- Manimama 16 reviews, 2 bingos
- Niki – 1 review
- narfna – 2 reviews
- Nyx – 2 reviews
- Octothorp – 22 reviews, 8 bingos
- scootsa1000 – 5 reviews
- sistercoyote – 8 reviews
- teresaelectro – 3 review
- tillie – 2 reviews
- vel veeter – 25 reviews, Card Complete
- Wanderlustful – 15 reviews, 1 bingo
*BlackRaven is working on her second card, just for fun. She gets no additional raffle entries. I will add her second card count later today.
**Count pending confirmation,
Y’all are writing some really great reviews of some truly interesting books.
The Prize Raffle
We are pleased to announce a brand new Cannonball Read merchandise design by our very own Lisa Bee. In this year’s raffle, we are offering your choice of classic Red Bubble t-shirt, any size tote bag, or the water bottle, plus a $25 gift certificate to the bookstore** of your choice, or an Amazon gift card.
By completing each bingo, you’ll receive one entry into our prize drawing to be held after October 31. Complete all 25 squares and receive 2 additional entries into our prize drawing raffle (for a total of 15 entries).
**Bookstore must sell online gift cards.
Would You Like to Play a Game?
The printable official game card and rules are on our kickoff post. Head over there if you need to make your reading plan. You can join in any time before October 31, 2019.
Tell us, what are your questions, comments or concerns? How can we help you?