Congratulations on registering for Cannonball Read 16! If you still haven’t signed up yet (what are you waiting for?), please let us know you’d like to join in the fun.
We’ve got an extensive FAQ section, with answers to many questions like titling posts, types of books, tagging posts (including the rating system), WordPress, and more. Contact us if you still need answers. No question is too mundane, small, or insignificant. We want to hear from you!
How to Participate
- Read books, audiobooks, or graphic novels all year long. There is no minimum page count in what you read, just read!
- You do not have to review every book you read (See: review amnesty), but only books with published reviews count towards your point total on the Leaderboard.
- Book reviews must be a minimum of 250 words. Add paragraph structure for readability. (See: multiple books in one review)
- Book reviews must be posted to the group blog (or at least a short blurb with link to your blog where your full review resides) for the review to count towards your CBR16 total. Make sure to enter your own review title, book title, author and genre.
- Cannonball Read 16 will end at noon on New Year’s Eve 2024 (12/31/2024, 12:00 p.m. EST). The site will go offline at that time for maintenance and updates till the next Read begins on January 1, 2025.
- Click the “Log in” link, and use your email address and password as credentials.
- Read this if you aren’t sure where to start in writing a review.
- The name shown on your reviews is what you entered in your profile for Byline/Pajibaname/Nickname. You can update this in your profile.
- Title your review however you want—be creative—but you must complete the author and title fields for each book in your review. See the FAQ page for more details.
- Add at least one genre/category. (See: tags and categories)
- We encourage you to write long reviews! CBR is about reading and reviewing. The minimum length for a book review is at least 250 words or more. Reviews of multiple books have different requirements, but more is better! We keep an eye on review length, so please ensure you write one that meets these minimal requirements.
- Use a photo—book covers are helpful, and pretty! WordPress.org can tell you how to add an image. Also consider making photos pop up into a larger size to see details.
- If you’re tweeting your review, please take a moment to see if the author has a Twitter account. A quick Google search for “authorname on twitter” should locate it. We’ve gotten lots of responses and RT’s from authors, and you can too. Don’t forget the #CBR16 hashtag!
- If your review is selected to be featured on our homepage, in Pajiba Love, and in our social media, we’ll get in touch with you to ask for a photo to share on the Cannonball Read Instagram account.