Congratulations on registering for Cannonball Read 11!
We’ve got an extensive FAQ section, with answers to many questions like titling posts, types of books, tagging posts (including the rating system), WordPress, and more. Contact us if you still need answers. No question is too mundane, small, or insignificant. We want to hear from you!
- Read books, audiobooks, or graphic novels all year long. There is no minimum page count in what you read, just read!
- Book reviews must be at least three paragraphs, a minimum of 250 words. (See the FAQ page re: multiple books in one review.)
- You must post to the group blog (or at least a short blurb with link to your blog where your full review resides) for the review to count towards your total.
- Enter a meaningful title for each review that is different from the book title. The book/author info will appear below your title.
- Fill out the title, author and amazon link for each book in your review.
- Add at least one genre (category).
- Always add all author names as tags. Learn about tags and categories here.
- Cannonball Read 11 will end at noon on New Year’s Eve 2019 (12/31/2019, 12:00 p.m. EST). The site will go offline at that time for maintenance.
- Click the “Log in” link at the bottom of the site, and use your email address and password as credentials.
- The name shown on your reviews is what you entered in your profile for Pajibaname/Nickname.
- You can title your review however you want, but you must complete the author, title, and quantity fields for your review. See the FAQ page for more details.
- You must include the Amazon link for your reviewed book. Visit Amazon.com and search for your book. Click on the book title, and copy/paste the book product link into the Amazon custom field. The amazon field will update the URL to include our Amazon.com affiliate link.
- If your book cannot be found on Amazon.com, or if you have a compelling reason to link to another site, please contact us. The auto tagging may conflict with links to other sites.
- Keep an eye out for featured CBR11 reviews in the daily Pajiba Love column and in our social media accounts. If your review is selected, MsWas will contact you.
- If you post your review on your own blog, with just a blurb on the group blog, please also link back to the group blog from your post on your blog. Google and other search engines gauge the popularity and importance of a site by how many links to that site are out there.
Other items to keep in mind
- As with the previous CBRs, you must post to this group blog. Please include a blurb or the full review text when linking your personal blog within a post on the group blog. However, if you are posting links to a bunch of reviews on your own blog at once, we allow you to do one post here on cannonballread.com. Please make sure the quantity field is correct.
- We encourage you to write long reviews! CBR is about reading and reviewing. The minimum length for a book review is at least three paragraphs with 250 words or more. Reviews of multiple books have different requirements, but more is better! We keep an eye on review length, so please ensure you write one that meets these minimal requirements.
- Read this if you aren’t sure where to start in writing a review.
- Use a photo (align it to the right if you can)! Book covers are helpful, and pretty! WordPress.org can tell you how to add an image to your post.
- If you’re tweeting your review, please take a moment to see if the author has a Twitter account. A quick Google search for “authorname on twitter” should locate it. We’ve gotten lots of responses and RT’s from authors, you can too! Don’t forget the #CBR10 hashtag!
- If your review is selected to be featured, we’ll get in touch with you to ask for a photo to share on the Cannonball Read Instagram account.