Congratulations on registering for Cannonball Read 9!
We’ve got an extensive FAQ section, so head over there for answers to many questions like titling posts, types of books, tagging posts (including the rating system), WordPress, and more. Contact us if you still need answers. No question is too mundane, small, or insignificant. We want to hear from you!
- Read books, audiobooks or graphic novels all year long. There is no minimum page count, just read!
- Posts, however, should be at least three paragraphs, a minimum of 250 words.
- You must post to the group blog (or at least a link to your blog and a short blurb there) for the review to count.
- Enter a meaningful title for each review, and make it different from the book title. The book/author info will show below your title.
- Add at least one genre (category)
- Add the author’s name as a tag. Learn about tags and categories here.
- Update your CBR9 review total on your user profile whenever you publish a review.
- Cannonball Read 9 will end at noon on New Year’s Eve 2017 (12/31/2017, 12:00 p.m. EST). The site will go offline at that time for maintenance.
- Click the “Log in” link at the bottom of the site, and use your email address and password as credentials.
- The name shown on your reviews is what you entered in your profile for Pajibaname/Nickname.
- You can title your review however you want, but you must enter author, title, and the review # into custom fields in your review. See the CBR8 FAQ page for more details.
- You must also go to Amazon.com and find the link to your book and enter it into your review too. The amazon field will tag our Amazon.com affiliate link onto the end.
- If your book cannot be found on Amazon.com, or if you have a compelling reason to link to another site, please contact me. The auto tagging may conflict with links to other sites.
- Look for featured CBR9 reviews in the mid-day Pajiba Love column and in our social media accounts. When your review is selected, Mswas will contact you.
- If you post your review on your own blog, with just a blurb on the group blog, please link back to the group blog from your post on your blog. Google and other search engines gauge the popularity and importance of a site by how many links TO that site are out there.
Other items to keep in mind
- As with the previous recent CBRs, you must post to this group blog, whether it is the link to your review on your personal blog or the whole review itself. However, if you are posting links to a bunch of reviews on your own blog at once, it is ok to do one post here, just add the number range to your post title. See the FAQ for details on numbering reviews.
- Write long reviews. CBR is about reading and reviewing. My general recommendation is at least three paragraphs, and I really want to see 250 words or more. I will be checking lengths of reviews this year, please put in the time to write the review.
- Read this if you aren’t sure where to start in writing a review.
- Use a photo (align it to the right if you can)! Book covers are helpful, and pretty! WordPress.org can tell you how to add an image to your post.
- If you’re tweeting your review, please take a moment to see if the author’s on Twitter. A quick search for “authorname on twitter” should do. We’ve gotten responses and RT’s from authors in the past, you can too! Don’t forget the #CBR9 hashtag!
- If your review is selected to be featured, we’ll get in touch with you for a photo to share on the Cannonball Read Instagram account.