Congratulations on registering for Cannonball Read 14! If you still haven’t signed up yet (what are you waiting for?), please let us know you’d like to join in the fun.
We’ve got an extensive FAQ section, with answers to many questions like titling posts, types of books, tagging posts (including the rating system), WordPress, and more. Contact us if you still need answers. No question is too mundane, small, or insignificant. We want to hear from you!
- Read books, audiobooks, or graphic novels all year long. There is no minimum page count in what you read, just read!
- You do not have to review every book you read (See: review amnesty), but only books with published reviews count towards your point total on the Leaderboard.
- Book reviews must be a minimum of 250 words. Please use the paragraph structure for readability. (See: multiple books in one review)
- You must post to the group blog (or at least a short blurb with link to your blog where your full review resides) for the review to count towards your total.
- Enter a meaningful title for each review that is different from the book title. The book/author info will appear below your title.
- Fill out the title and author for each book in your review.
- Add at least one genre/category. (See: tags and categories)
- Cannonball Read 14 will end at noon on New Year’s Eve 2022 (12/31/2022, 12:00 p.m. EST). The site will go offline at that time for maintenance and updates till the next Read begins on January 1.
- Click the “Log in” link, and use your email address and password as credentials.
- The name shown on your reviews is what you entered in your profile for Pajibaname/Nickname.
- Title your review however you want—be creative—but you must complete the author, title, and quantity fields for your review. See the FAQ page for more details.
- Keep an eye out for featured CBR14 reviews in the daily Pajiba Love column and in our social media accounts. If your review is selected, MsWas will contact you.
- If you post your review on your own blog, with just a blurb on the group blog, please also link back to the group blog from your post on your blog. Google and other search engines gauge the popularity and importance of a site by how many links to that site are out there.
Other items to keep in mind
- As with the previous Reads, you must post to this group blog to gain points on the Leaderboard. Please include a blurb or the full review text when linking your personal blog within a post on the group blog. However, if you are posting links to a bunch of reviews on your own blog at once, we allow you to do one post here on cannonballread.com. Please make sure the quantity field is correct.
- We encourage you to write long reviews! CBR is about reading and reviewing. The minimum length for a book review is at least 250 words or more. Reviews of multiple books have different requirements, but more is better! We keep an eye on review length, so please ensure you write one that meets these minimal requirements.
- Read this if you aren’t sure where to start in writing a review.
- Use a photo—book covers are helpful, and pretty! WordPress.org can tell you how to add an image. You can also make it pop up into a larger image to see details.
- If you’re tweeting your review, please take a moment to see if the author has a Twitter account. A quick Google search for “authorname on twitter” should locate it. We’ve gotten lots of responses and RT’s from authors, and you can too. Don’t forget the #CBR14 hashtag!
- If your review is selected to be featured on our homepage, in Pajiba Love, and in our social media, we’ll get in touch with you to ask for a photo to share on the Cannonball Read Instagram account.