We’ve had a ton of authors contact us, mostly through social media, but sometimes on this very blog! We do get a lot of likes and retweets on our Twitter account that won’t necessarily show up below, so be sure to follow us there. We’re also tagging authors and growing our presence on our Instagram account, so be sure to follow us there too. Check out who’s been in touch lately:
Best post title about my books ever. 😂🔥🔥🔥 So glad you liked the series! 😊
— Melissa Caruso (@melisscaru) September 17, 2019
- Melissa Caruso posted on Twitter that KatSings’ review title was the “best post title about my books ever” referring to her review of The Swords and Fire Series.
- Brad Ricca sent CBR some love on Twitter in response to ardaigle’s review of Mrs. Sherlock Holmes
- Audiobook narrator Colman Domingo found and tweeted ClaireBadger’s 5-star review of Someone who will love you in all your damaged glory by Raphael Bob-Waksberg
- Angelina M. Lopez thanked emmalita and gave us a BIG shout-out in a tweet about emmalita’s review of Lush Money.
- Alexis Hall was “thrilled” by Leedock’s review of her book The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
- “Best possible outcome! Thank You!” from Meg Elison after reading that alisonata donated to Planned Parenthood after reading her book, Book of the Unnamed Midwife
- J got thanks from Phyllis Fagell for her review of Middle School Matters
- Sherry Thomas thanked ElCicco for her review of A Study in Scarlet Women.
- Dr. Jen Gunter tweeted out emmalita’s review of her book The Vagina Bible.
- Mrs. Julien got thanks from Aviva Blakeman for her review of the debut novels Stacked and Say My Name from the Devil’s Bastards MC series.
- LanierHgts got a nice thank you from Andrew Donkin on Instagram for her review of Donkin and Eoin Colfer’s book Illegal.
- Therese Beharrie thanked emmalita for her review of One Day to Fall – the first review Beharrie had seen of her novel.
- MikkiBlu got an awesome tweet from Caleb Roehring for her review of his book White Rabbit
- Elana K. Arnold tweeted thanks to Amanda for her review of Damsel.
- Tracy (Teresa) Grant thanked Lumenatrix for her CBR9 review of her book Vienna Waltz, right on the review!
- Sara Ackerman tweeted thanks to NewlyWest for the review of her book The Island of Sweet Pies and Soldiers, and then gave us the awesom shout out!
- Wendelin Van Draanen commented right on badkittyuno’s review, “Delighted to stumble upon this. Thank you for taking time to read and review…and for understanding Wren. Love your site. <3”
- Jenny S got a nice author thank you and it’s from an author she has met, Nick Petrie.
- We got some smiley faces from Karen M. McManus on scootsa1000’s tweet about her new book, Two Can Keep a Secret.
- M. T. Anderson called ElCicco’s review of his book The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge “kind and thoughtful.”
- “Awesome review. Thank you!” tweet from Jared Shurin about ElCicco’s review of The Djinn Falls in Love and Other Stories, a short story collection he edited along with Mahvesh Murad.
- Author Melissa Albert thanked crystalclear for her review of Albert’s book The Hazel Wood.
- Suleikha Snyder thanked emmalita for her review of Tikka Chance on Me.
- It’s a banner year already. Our first mention of the year is Rainbow Rowell thanking faintingviolet, narfna, malin and all of us for our love of her books.
- Heather L. Montgomery commented right on BlackRaven’s review of her book Roadkill
- Triple thanks to kfishgirl from Hannah Howard for her review of Feast: True Love in and out of the Kitchen
- Lollygagger had thanks tweeted to her by Courtney Summers for her CBR10 Book Bingo review of Sadie
- David Nickle tweeted thanks to Mrs Smith for her review of his book Eutopia, and encouraged his readers to purchase copies through our affiliate link!
- One of our wonderful donors to CBR Book Bingo, Intisar Khanani, is spreading the word about CBR on Twitter
- Emmalita got thanked by Richard Kadrey for her review of Hollywood Dead, the tenth book in the Sandman Slim series.
- Nick Petrie commented to Jenny S on Twitter about her review of his book Burning Bright
- Meagan Brothers thanked BlingleBells and noted CBR’s mission on Twitter
- Mark Lawrence tracked LittlePlat down with thanks for the review of his book Red Sister
- Thanks were tweeted to emmalita from author Patrick Weekes for her review of his book The Palace Job.
- Author Lisa Ann Verge shared on Facebook Mrs. Julien’s review of her book Heaven in His Arms
- Catherynne Valente replied to emmalita’s tweet about Refrigerator Monologues
- Devoney Looser thanked us for our tweet and bonnie’s review of The Making of Jane Austen
- Robin Talley thanked polyesque for their review of What We Left Behind
- Thanks and a correction (we’re happy to make them!) from JY Yang to ElCicco via Twitter
- Sarah Kuhn thanked teresaelectro for her review of Heroine Complex
- Emil Ferris tweeted a lovely comment to MrsLangdonAlger about her review of My Favorite Thing is Monsters
- CatonMyHead was thanked by Sandi Ward for her review of The Astonishing Thing
- faintingviolet got her own review of the memoir of Doaa Al Zamel, quoted back to her on Twitter by the author, Melissa Fleming.
- Cecilia Grant tweeted a fun trivia fact with us and narfna about the model on the cover of A Woman Entangled
- Mira T. Lee thanked soapyme for her review of Everything is Beautiful
— Rachel Kadish (@RachelSKadish) July 6, 2017
- Ellen K. Pao thanked Lollygagger for her review of Reset: My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change
- Sami Shah tweeted thanks to ElCicco for her review of his Djinn-son Duology
- Intisar Khanani commented right on emmalita’s review of her book Thorn.
- Rainbow Rowell tweeted thanks to faintingviolet for her review of Attachments!
- Both Jason Hazeley and Joel Morris tweeted about cats to us, after we tagged them in a tweet about WistfulCynic’s review of their book How it Works: The Cat
- Owl Hollow Press, publisher of the anthology Pick Your Poison called sabian30’s review “the best”!
- EIGHTH time’s the charm for ElCicco with another comment from an author. Julie Mayhew tweeted thanks and a book offer after reading the review of her YA novel, Red Ink.
- Neil A. Hogan commented right on Sabian30’s review of Alien Dimensions #9 to thank him and offer another book for review!
- Alexis Hall thanked Lane for her review of Pansies on Twitter
- Thanks again to ElCicco, this time tweeted from author Victor LaValle for her review of his book Black Tom
- Peter David commented right on this very blog to thank janetfaust for her review of his book Darkness of the Light, AND make a book suggestion
- “Thank you this is freaking beautiful!!!” and more from Emil Ferris to ElCicco about her review of My Favorite Thing is Monsters
- Sophie Hughes, the translator of Laia Jufresa’s novel, Umami called ElCicco’s review “a really lovely review!”
- Yangsze Choo thanked ElCicco for her review of The Ghost Bride.
- Kadish’s publisher, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, then thanked ElCicco for the review and complimented us for our support of the American Cancer Society. SWOON!!
- Rachel Kadish thanked ElCicco for her “lovely and thoughtful review” of her book The Weight of Ink, and was delighted to learn of our mission, to boot!
- Dave Cullen complimented Ealbrecht on review of Cullen’s book, Columbine, right on the blog post!
- Fyrehaar made the erotic author, Charlotte Stein, blush! See Stein’s tweet commenting on Fyrehaar saying she was “the only author worth mentioning” in her big review.
- Pamela Jeffs thanked CBR (and melanir) for the review of her short story “Cards and Steel Hearts” featured in the Lawless Lands anthology
- Isabel Greenberg tweeted thanks to ElCicco for her review of The One Hundred Nights of Hero
- James Hamblin told Lollygagger that her review of his book, If Our bodies Could Talk: A Guide to Operating and Maintaining a Human Body, “made his day.”
- A. M. Justice commented on sabian30’s review of a SciFi Magazine anthology in which an excerpt of her novel, A Wizard’s Forge, was featured.
- Anita Diamant tweeted thanks to Jenny S for her review of The Boston Girl, and complimented Jenny on the photo of her lovely grandmother
- Intisar Khanani commented on J’s review of her book Memories of Ash.
- Brandon Sanderson replied on our instagram post advising MsWas where to start reading his works
- Leigh Statham thanked sabian30 for his review of an anthology in which one of her stories appeared: Dark Magic: Witches, Hackers, & Robots
- Hadley Freeman had a nice little conversation about TheShitWizard’s review of her book Life Moves Pretty Fast
extra love for the Cannonball Run inspired name. I owe so much to those movies.
— Therese Oneill (@ThereseNOneill) December 28, 2016
- Therese Oneill thanked Caitlin and mentioned Cannonball Run re: our name
- Nicola Yoon thanked us twice for Jenny S’s review of her book The Sun is also a Star
- David D. Levine tweeted about Dome’Loki’s review of his book Arabella of Mars
- Charles Soule thanked Halbs and CBR for his review of Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin
- Mark Haddon, author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, weighed in on how many swears equal censorship in faintingviolet’s review.
- Halbs’ review of For the Title was a big hit with @ChampionWish and Lance Schibi.
- Caroline Paul thanked Caitlin_D for the revifew of her book Gutsy Girls.
- Elizabeth Greenwood tweeted thanks for the review of her book Playing Dead: A Journey Through the World of Death Fraud
- Jenny Nordberg thanked faintingviolet for the review of her book The Underground Girls of Kabul
- V. E. Schwab laughed an evil laugh while she was tweeting baxlala that the next book in her series is written and comes out 2/21/17.
- Carmen Oliver and Susie Jaramillo both tweeted thanks to NeverThatEasy for the review of their books.
- Gail Carriger tweeted thanks to Emmalita for her review of her book Soulless.
- Julia Franks commented right on ElCicco’s review of Over the Plain Houses and thanked ElCicco for the review and mention of the book’s publisher, Hub City Press.
- Meagan Brothers thanked Cannonball Read and narfna for giving her book Weird Girl and What’s His Name a shout out during #IReadYA week.
- Lyndsay Faye thanked ElCicco (with a hug and a kiss, no less) for her review of Jane Steele.
- Lucy Parker tweeted thanks to everyone in Cannonball Read for all of the reviews of Act Like It.
- Simone St. James tweeted thank you to sarah_jwh for her treview of The Other Side of Midnight.
- Kelly Bowen thanked Mikki Blu for her review of Duke of My Heart.
- Lucy Parker tweeted thanks to faintingviolet for her review of Act Like It.
- Fiona Barton thanked ElCicco for her review of The Widow.
- Damon Suede tweeted compliments to reviewing duo Pattykates for their review of Pent Up.
- Jim C. Hines quoted narfna’s review on his release day post for his latest novel, Revisionary.
- KC Dyer thanked the reviewing duo PattyKates for their review of Finding Fraser.
@RochelleJennin7 Thanks for the nice write-up.
— Richard Kadrey (@Richard_Kadrey) February 3, 2015
- Judy Blume replied to Katie, Patty and Jr. Cannonballer, “Girl” on their tweet about their review of Blubber.
- (First author comment on Instagram): Andi Teran thanked yesknopemaybe.
- Glenda Carroll commented on Jenny S’s CBR6 review of Dead in the Water.
- Sarina Bowen tweeted thanks to faintingviolet.
- John Simenon, son of author Georges Simenon, commented on Janniethestrange’s review of his father’s book The Mahe Circle.
- Andie M. Long commented on Mrs. Julien’s one-star review of her book The Alphabet Game.
- Donna Foley Mabry commented on ModernLove’s review of her book Maude.
- Jim C. Hines thanked Kinoumenthe for her review of his Goblin series.
- Pamela Ribon tweeted an answer to Caitlin_D about a sequel to her book Why Girls Are Weird: “Thank you! [Whatever sequel you wrote in your head is better than the one I would’ve made.]”
- Lorraine Heath also thanked Malin for her review of The Duke and the Lady.
- Fadia Faquir thanked bonnie for her review of Pillars of Salt.
- Ellie Marney thanked Malin for her review of Every Breath.
- Piu Eatwell herself tweeted about yesknopemaybe’s review of her book The Dead Duke.
- Caroline Linden thanked HillaryM (@NerdlingAlong) for her review of Love in the Time of Scandal.
- Anne Sebba thanked Caitlin_D – and US – for reviewing her biography of Wallis Simpson and our efforts
- Stacey Kade thanked katie71483 for her review of Bitter Pill.
- John Jackson Miller thanked Captain Tuttle for her review of his book in the Star Wars universe.
- Kimberly P Chase thanked Hillary M for her review of The Apollo Academy.
- Liz Climo thanked The Chancellor for his review of The Little World of Liz Climo.
- Erin Claiborne mentioned Savage Cats’ review of A Hero at the End of the World.
- Katherine Roy commented on bonnie’s review of Neighborhood Sharks.
- And so did Claire Fuller on janniethestrange’s review.
- Rhys Ford thanked Katie and Patty for their hysterical review.
- Nia Vardalos thanked badkittyuno on Twitter.
- And so did Kristen Johnson.
- Larry Edwards tweeted thanks to genericwhitegirl for her review of his memoirDare I Call It Murder.
- Sarah Mayberry tweeted to faintingviolet about her book The Other Side of Us.
- Jandy Nelson thanked Scootsa1000 for her review of I’ll Give You the Sun.
- Anthony Rivera commented on emmalita’s review of the anthology Death’s Realm, which he edited; and Karen Runge, one of the authors, gave emmalita a shout out about this book, her first experience with a horror novel.
- Carine McCandless thanked Sophia for her review of her memoir, The Wild Truth, on our Facebook page.
- Richard Kadrey thanked emmalita for her review of Sandman Slim.
- Laura Florand thanked Mrs. Julien for her review of Once Upon a Rose.
- Courtney Milan commented on the group blog on Mrs. Julien’s review of Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare, which started a Twitter discussion on the property rights of unmarried women in regency England and the pitfalls and benefits of a critical brain. Check out the full discussion in our Storify compilation.
- Samantha Kane thanked faintingviolet for her review of Cherry Pie.
- Wendy C. Ortiz thanked A.Winfree for her review of Stranger Than Fiction – An Unflinching Memoir.
What a kind and thoughtful review. Thank you!
— M. T. Anderson (@_MTAnderson) January 24, 2019