We’ve had a ton of authors contact us, mostly through social media, but sometimes on this very blog! We do get a lot of likes and retweets on our Twitter account that won’t necessarily show up below, so be sure to follow us there. Check out who’s been in touch lately:
Very glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review 😀
— Mark Lawrence (@Mark__Lawrence) June 3, 2018
- Mark Lawrence tracked LittlePlat down with thanks for the review of his book Red Sister
- Thanks were tweeted to emmalita from author Patrick Weekes for her review of his book Feeder.
- Author Lisa Ann Verge shared on Facebook Mrs. Julien’s review of her book Heaven in His Arms
- Catherynne Valente replied to emmalita’s tweet about Refrigerator Monologues
- Devoney Looser thanked us for our tweet and bonnie’s review of The Making of Jane Austen
- Robin Talley thanked polyesque for their review of What We Left Behind
- Thanks and a correction (we’re happy to make them!) from JY Yang to ElCicco via Twitter
- Sarah Kuhn thanked teresaelectro for her review of Heroine Complex
- Emil Ferris tweeted a lovely comment to MrsLangdonAlger about her review of My Favorite Thing is Monsters
- CatonMyHead was thanked by Sandi Ward for her review of The Astonishing Thing
- faintingviolet got her own review of the memoir of Doaa Al Zamel, quoted back to her on Twitter by the author, Melissa Fleming.
- Cecilia Grant tweeted a fun trivia fact with us and narfna about the model on the cover of A Woman Entangled
- Mira T. Lee thanked soapyme for her review of Everything is Beautiful
— Ellen K. Pao (@ekp) November 11, 2017
- Ellen K. Pao thanked Lollygagger for her review of Reset: My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change
- Sami Shah tweeted thanks to ElCicco for her review of his Djinn-son Duology
- Intisar Khanani commented right on emmalita’s review of her book Thorn.
- Rainbow Rowell tweeted thanks to faintingviolet for her review of Attachments!
- Both Jason Hazeley and Joel Morris tweeted about cats to us, after we tagged them in a tweet about WistfulCynic’s review of their book How it Works: The Cat
- Owl Hollow Press, publisher of the anthology Pick Your Poison called sabian30’s review “the best”!
- EIGHTH time’s the charm for ElCicco with another comment from an author. Julie Mayhew tweeted thanks and a book offer after reading the review of her YA novel, Red Ink.
- Neil A. Hogan commented right on Sabian30’s review of Alien Dimensions #9 to thank him and offer another book for review!
- Alexis Hall thanked Lane for her review of Pansies on Twitter
- Thanks again to ElCicco, this time tweeted from author Victor LaValle for her review of his book Black Tom
- Peter David commented right on this very blog to thank janetfaust for her review of his book Darkness of the Light, AND make a book suggestion
- “Thank you this is freaking beautiful!!!” and more from Emil Ferris to ElCicco about her review of My Favorite Thing is Monsters
- Sophie Hughes, the translator of Laia Jufresa’s novel, Umami called ElCicco’s review “a really lovely review!”
- Yangsze Choo thanked ElCicco for her review of The Ghost Bride.
- Kadish’s publisher, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, then thanked ElCicco for the review and complimented us for our support of the American Cancer Society. SWOON!!
- Rachel Kadish thanked ElCicco for her “lovely and thoughtful review” of her book The Weight of Ink, and was delighted to learn of our mission, to boot!
- Dave Cullen complimented Ealbrecht on review of Cullen’s book, Columbine, right on the blog post!
- Fyrehaar made the erotic author, Charlotte Stein, blush! See Stein’s tweet commenting on Fyrehaar saying she was “the only author worth mentioning” in her big review.
- Pamela Jeffs thanked CBR (and melanir) for the review of her short story “Cards and Steel Hearts” featured in the Lawless Lands anthology
- Isabel Greenberg tweeted thanks to ElCicco for her review of The One Hundred Nights of Hero
- James Hamblin told Lollygagger that her review of his book, If Our bodies Could Talk: A Guide to Operating and Maintaining a Human Body, “made his day.”
- A. M. Justice commented on sabian30’s review of a SciFi Magazine anthology in which an excerpt of her novel, A Wizard’s Forge, was featured.
- Anita Diamant tweeted thanks to Jenny S for her review of The Boston Girl, and complimented Jenny on the photo of her lovely grandmother
- Intisar Khanani commented on J’s review of her book Memories of Ash.
- Brandon Sanderson replied on our instagram post advising MsWas where to start reading his works
- Leigh Statham thanked sabian30 for his review of an anthology in which one of her stories appeared: Dark Magic: Witches, Hackers, & Robots
- Hadley Freeman had a nice little conversation about TheShitWizard’s review of her book Life Moves Pretty Fast
extra love for the Cannonball Run inspired name. I owe so much to those movies.
— Therese Oneill (@ThereseNOneill) December 28, 2016
- Therese Oneill thanked Caitlin and mentioned Cannonball Run re: our name
- Nicola Yoon thanked us twice for Jenny S’s review of her book The Sun is also a Star
- David D. Levine tweeted about Dome’Loki’s review of his book Arabella of Mars
- Charles Soule thanked Halbs and CBR for his review of Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin
- Mark Haddon, author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, weighed in on how many swears equal censorship in faintingviolet’s review.
- Halbs’ review of For the Title was a big hit with @ChampionWish and Lance Schibi.
- Caroline Paul thanked Caitlin_D for the revifew of her book Gutsy Girls.
- Elizabeth Greenwood tweeted thanks for the review of her book Playing Dead: A Journey Through the World of Death Fraud
- Jenny Nordberg thanked faintingviolet for the review of her book The Underground Girls of Kabul
- V. E. Schwab laughed an evil laugh while she was tweeting baxlala that the next book in her series is written and comes out 2/21/17.
- Carmen Oliver and Susie Jaramillo both tweeted thanks to NeverThatEasy for the review of their books.
- Gail Carriger tweeted thanks to Emmalita for her review of her book Soulless.
- Julia Franks commented right on ElCicco’s review of Over the Plain Houses and thanked ElCicco for the review and mention of the book’s publisher, Hub City Press.
- Meagan Brothers thanked Cannonball Read and narfna for giving her book Weird Girl and What’s His Name a shout out during #IReadYA week.
- Lyndsay Faye thanked ElCicco (with a hug and a kiss, no less) for her review of Jane Steele.
- Lucy Parker tweeted thanks to everyone in Cannonball Read for all of the reviews of Act Like It.
- Simone St. James tweeted thank you to sarah_jwh for her treview of The Other Side of Midnight.
- Kelly Bowen thanked Mikki Blu for her review of Duke of My Heart.
- Lucy Parker tweeted thanks to faintingviolet for her review of Act Like It.
- Fiona Barton thanked ElCicco for her review of The Widow.
- Damon Suede tweeted compliments to reviewing duo Pattykates for their review of Pent Up.
- Jim C. Hines quoted narfna’s review on his release day post for his latest novel, Revisionary.
- KC Dyer thanked the reviewing duo PattyKates for their review of Finding Fraser.
@RochelleJennin7 Thanks for the nice write-up.
— Richard Kadrey (@Richard_Kadrey) February 3, 2015
- Judy Blume replied to Katie, Patty and Jr. Cannonballer, “Girl” on their tweet about their review of Blubber.
- (First author comment on Instagram): Andi Teran thanked yesknopemaybe.
- Glenda Carroll commented on Jenny S’s CBR6 review of Dead in the Water.
- Sarina Bowen tweeted thanks to faintingviolet.
- John Simenon, son of author Georges Simenon, commented on Janniethestrange’s review of his father’s book The Mahe Circle.
- Andie M. Long commented on Mrs. Julien’s one-star review of her book The Alphabet Game.
- Donna Foley Mabry commented on ModernLove’s review of her book Maude.
- Jim C. Hines thanked Kinoumenthe for her review of his Goblin series.
- Pamela Ribon tweeted an answer to Caitlin_D about a sequel to her book Why Girls Are Weird: “Thank you! [Whatever sequel you wrote in your head is better than the one I would’ve made.]”
- Lorraine Heath also thanked Malin for her review of The Duke and the Lady.
- Fadia Faquir thanked bonnie for her review of Pillars of Salt.
- Ellie Marney thanked Malin for her review of Every Breath.
- Piu Eatwell herself tweeted about yesknopemaybe’s review of her book The Dead Duke.
- Caroline Linden thanked HillaryM (@NerdlingAlong) for her review of Love in the Time of Scandal.
- Anne Sebba thanked Caitlin_D – and US – for reviewing her biography of Wallis Simpson and our efforts
- Stacey Kade thanked katie71483 for her review of Bitter Pill.
- John Jackson Miller thanked Captain Tuttle for her review of his book in the Star Wars universe.
- Kimberly P Chase thanked Hillary M for her review of The Apollo Academy.
- Liz Climo thanked The Chancellor for his review of The Little World of Liz Climo.
- Erin Claiborne mentioned Savage Cats’ review of A Hero at the End of the World.
- Katherine Roy commented on bonnie’s review of Neighborhood Sharks.
- And so did Claire Fuller on janniethestrange’s review.
- Rhys Ford thanked Katie and Patty for their hysterical review.
- Nia Vardalos thanked badkittyuno on Twitter.
- And so did Kristen Johnson.
- Larry Edwards tweeted thanks to genericwhitegirl for her review of his memoirDare I Call It Murder.
- Sarah Mayberry tweeted to faintingviolet about her book The Other Side of Us.
- Jandy Nelson thanked Scootsa1000 for her review of I’ll Give You the Sun.
- Anthony Rivera commented on emmalita’s review of the anthology Death’s Realm, which he edited; and Karen Runge, one of the authors, gave emmalita a shout out about this book, her first experience with a horror novel.
- Carine McCandless thanked Sophia for her review of her memoir, The Wild Truth, on our Facebook page.
- Richard Kadrey thanked emmalita for her review of Sandman Slim.
- Laura Florand thanked Mrs. Julien for her review of Once Upon a Rose.
- Courtney Milan commented on the group blog on Mrs. Julien’s review of Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare, which started a Twitter discussion on the property rights of unmarried women in regency England and the pitfalls and benefits of a critical brain. Check out the full discussion in our Storify compilation.
- Samantha Kane thanked faintingviolet for her review of Cherry Pie.
- Wendy C. Ortiz thanked A.Winfree for her review of Stranger Than Fiction – An Unflinching Memoir.