2020 Book Exchange Registration Has Closed –
Keep Your Eyes Out for Gift Posts!
Each year Cannonball Read holds a (completely voluntary) Holiday Book Exchange, and we’re happy to continue the tradition in 2020. We know that this year hasn’t been easy on many of us and that purse strings may be a bit tighter than usual; but if you are able to join us in the fun of sending books to fellow readers, we are excited for you to join our end of year celebration.
Here’s how it works!
- Sign up before Friday, November 20, 2020.
- You will receive an email with details about your giftee no later than November 25, 2020.
- Mail a package to your recipient by December 7, 2020.
- Post a picture of the gift you receive from your gifter here on the group blog, and tag it Book Exchange.
- Sign-up is super easy! Fill out our quick Google Form, and you’ll be all set. You’ll get a confirmation email from me by the next day and your assignment email by November 25.
- Shop and send your gift.
- We’re asking in the Google Form for suggestions of local and independent bookstores near you, but Bookshop is also a great option to support local bookstores.
- Send an email when you send your gift so we can make sure everyone is on track.
- If you haven’t received a package by December 28, send an email so we can follow up with your gifter.
- Post a picture of your gift in a post here on the site, and tag it Book Exchange. Your gifter wants to know that it made it to you, and we all want to see what awesome book you’re going to be able to read.
- Mark the post as “not a review” to not effect your overall count.
- The gift picture post does not have to meet the CBR character minimum, so don’t worry about that!
- If you aren’t able to post to the blog (i.e. not registered for CBR12), let us know and we’ll get you set up.
Just like in past years, our general guidance is to “send a book or two with a small something extra,” and we prefer that you stick to $25 or less plus shipping. If you send a used book, make sure it is in a good condition–think “like new”. Feel free to add something to the package, like candy, something bookish, or something festive if you want. But if you have any questions AT ALL, please feel free to email me.
We hold this exchange, for the joy of giving and receiving AND getting even more ideas for books to read for Cannonball Read 13!
Whether or not you’re able to join in on Book Exchange, we hope you’ll consider donating to Cannonball Read during our November Fundraising push to help us keep Cannonball Read up and running for another year. MsWas has all the details in her post, including the how’s and the incentives for this year’s fundraising initiative.
Enjoy and Happy Reading!