Whether you celebrate the Cannonball Read Book Exchange, or some other Winter Gift Giving celebration, the Cannonball Read Volunteers have some thoughts and opinions on which books make great gifts. From social media, to newsletters, to the book exchange, we could not run as smoothly as we do without our volunteers. We have gathered links to reviews of their recommendations below.
- The Hunger by Alma Katsu
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- Frankkissstein by Jeanette Winterson
- Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez
- Feminasty: The Complicated Woman’s Guide to Surviving the Patriarchy Without Drinking Herself to Death by Erin Gibson
- Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey
- Wordslut: A Feminist Guide to Taking Back the English Language by Amanda Montell
- The Veronica Speedwell Mystery series by Deanna Raybourn
- The Vagina Bible: The Vulva and the Vagina: Separating the Myth From the Medicine by Jennifer Gunter
emmalita, at Mswas’ suggestion:
These are all Pajibans (in a twist, I will not reveal their Pajibaname so they maintain anonymity) who have published books:
- Say My Name by Aviva Blakeman
- Lucky Town by Peter Vonder Haar
- Precious Little Sleep: The Complete Baby Sleep Guide for Modern Parents by Alexis Dubief
- Unfinished: a Graphic Novel of Marilyn Monroe by Elizabeth Periale
The reviews are linked to Amazon and purchase of books via the link means a small percentage of your purchase will go to the American Cancer Society to fight cancer. In fact if you shop after going to Amazon via a Cannonball Read link, anything you purchase will raise money for our cancer fighting mission.
Soon Mswas will be asking you to tell her your best and worst reads of the year. What books will you be gifting this year?