As part of our anniversary year, I’m pleased to announce that our first ever Book Bingo Reading Challenge has officially begun! Select five squares across, down, diagonally, or 5-up (four corners + center square), and get an entry into a drawing for some cool prizes including autographed books and CBR merch. Complete the entire card – a blackout! – and get 15 entries into our drawing. Download your game card below, and post your reviews tagged with cbr10bingo for chances in our prize raffle. You can also boast or ask questions in our latest check-in post.
The Official CBR10 Book Bingo Reading Challenge Card
- AlabamaPink – Review a book that our Warrior Queen read in the first Cannonball Read.
- #CannonBookClub – Review the November Book Club book, Craig Ferguson’s Between the Bridge and the River. (FYI: discussion is 11/2-3)
- So Popular! – Choose one of these top 10 most-reviewed books from Cannonball Read history:
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- Two Heads Are Better Than One – Do a partner review: review a book with a friend or with a child/teen*.
- The Book Was Better? – Review a book that was adapted into a movie or TV show that you have watched.
- And So it Begins – Review the first book in a series.
- This is the End – Review the last book of a series.
- Throwback Thursday – Review an old favorite you haven’t read in a while.
- Not in My Wheelhouse – Review a book in a genre you don’t typically read.
- Award Winner – Review a book that won a major literary or genre specific prize, such as Nobel, Pulitzer, Man Booker, Edgar, RITA, Hugo, etc.
- Snubbed! – Review a book that was a runner-up for a major literary or genre specific prize, such as Nobel, Pulitzer, Man Booker, Edgar, RITA, Hugo, etc.
- Home, Something, Home – Review a book written by an author from your home country or state.
- Brain Candy – Review a book you read for its escapism value.
- Delicious! – Review a book about food (cookbook, chef memoir, etc), where food is described (ex. The Inspector Gamache series), or with food in the title.
- White Whale – Review that book you keep meaning to read but haven’t until now.
- Underrepresented – Review a book by an author from an underrepresented group
- Listicles – People love making lists. Review a book from a list.
- So Shiny! – Review a newly published book, published in 2018.
- This Old Thing – Review a book that was published at least 100 years ago, 1918 or earlier.
- Fahrenheit 451 – Review a banned or challenged book.
- Dream Vacation – Review a book set in a place or time you would like to visit.
- Cannonballer Says! – Review a book you chose because you liked another Cannonballer’s review, or it was recommended by a Cannonballer. (Don’t forget to say who!)
- Cover Art – Review a book you picked for the cover.
- Backlog – Review a book that has been on your TBR list for over a year (or the longest if you have better TBR management skills).
- Birthday! – Review a book by an author (ex. Louisa May Alcott) with a birthday between August 1 and November 30, or featuring a beloved character (ex. Bilbo Baggins) with a birthday between those dates.
*Review partner does not have to be registered for CBR10.
- Bingo begins when the card is posted on Wednesday August 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday November 30, 2018.
- Participants must be registered for CBR10**, except for the review partner for the Two Heads Are Better Than One square.
- Only books that have reviews posted during the Bingo time period (see #1) count towards the bingo. You can start CBR10 Bingo at any time during this period.
- Books must have been read during 2018.
- You must tag the review on cannonballread.com with cbr10bingo. https://cannonballread.com/faq/#tagging.
- Follow the bingo card graphic to make your book choices. A book can only count once, one book = one square. If you have trouble finding a book to fulfill a square, please contact me.
- Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the bingo card to keep track!)
- In your review, state which square the book fulfilled, either at the top or the bottom of the review. Please make it easy to find!
- Bingo: Complete a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line and receive one entry into our prize drawing raffle. Four corners plus center square counts as a bingo too.
- Blackout Card: Complete all 25 squares and receive 2 additional entries into our prize drawing raffle (for a total of 15 entries).
- The maximum number of entries into the prize drawing is 15.
- Second boards – if you complete a blackout/full card, and want to do another board, the center square is free. However there are no additional entries into the prize drawing raffle, just bragging rights.
- If you choose to do the Two Heads are Better Than One square, your review partner does not have to be registered for CBR10.
- Prize awards will be announced on December 7, 2018.
**If you’d like to register for CBR10 and participate, please contact MsWas.
By completing each bingo, you’ll receive one chance into our prize drawing to be held after November 30. Complete all 25 squares and receive 2 additional entries into our prize drawing raffle (for a total of 15 entries). Detailed prize information to follow, but I can say right now that the current list includes autographed books and a CBR tote bag filled with bookish things.
Beach not included.