We humans succumb easily to peer pressure. We want to fit in. We want to do what our friends are doing. Well, it is no different with books.
You are browsing Cannonball Read reviews and a book catches your eye, you think “Hey, this might be interesting.” Then you keep seeing that book being reviewed, over and over again. Why is everybody reviewing this book? What is all this fuss about? Curiosity gets the better of you, you rush out and read that book.
Here is the list of the most reviewed books on Cannonball Read (through the end of 2022):
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (64 reviews)
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (55 reviews)
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (51 reviews)
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (50 reviews)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (50 reviews)
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (49 reviews)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (45 reviews)
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (44 reviews)
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (43 reviews)
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (43 reviews)
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood (40 reviews)
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (40 reviews)
- Bossypants by Tina Fey (40 reviews)
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (39 reviews)
- The Martian by Andy Weir (37 reviews)
How has Cannonball Read influenced your reading over the past 15 years? How many of the above titles did you pick up because of their dozens of reviews? In the comments tell us about the books you saw reviewed on Cannonball Read that you felt compelled to read.