Book Exchange sign-up is Closed for 2019, Check Out the Book Exchange Tag to See this Year’s Gifts. Don’t Forget to Ship Your Gifts By Wed 12/11.
After our biggest exchange ever last year we’re bringing back our voluntary Book Exchange and with the help of Emmalita I’ll be handling the organizational components once again. It’s a lovely part of our community here at CBR and a great way to get to know a fellow Cannonballer a little bit better. It’s also a great excuse to share a little holiday cheer and do some spending through the Cannonball Read Buy Hole. (Remember, any funds generated through the Buy Hole are in turn donated to the American Cancer Society to fight cancer).
Those of you who have participated in the past will know the drill, but for those of you who are joining us for the first time here’s what to expect.
- Sign up before Sunday, November 24th.
- You will receive an email with details about your giftee no later than November 27th.
- Mail a package to your recipient by December 11th.
- Post a picture of the gift you receive from your gifter here on the group blog, and tag it Book Exchange.
- Sign-up is super easy! Fill out our quick Google Form and you’ll be all set. You’ll get a confirmation email from me by the next day and your assignment email by November 27th.
- Shop (through the Buy Hole if you want) and send your gift.
- Send an email when you send your gift so we can make sure everyone is on track.
- If you haven’t received a package by December 28th, send an email so we can follow up with your gifter.
- Post a picture of your gift in a post here on the site, and tag it Book Exchange. Your gifter wants to know that it made it to you, and we all want to see what awesome book you’re going to be able to read.
- Mark the post as “not a review” to not effect your overall count.
- The gift picture post does not have to meet the CBR character minimum, so don’t worry about that!
- If you aren’t able to post to the blog (i.e. not registered for CBR11) let us know and we’ll get you set up.
Our general guidance is to “send a book or two with a small something extra,” and we prefer that you stick to $25 or less plus shipping. If you send a used book, make sure it is in a good condition–think “like new”. Feel free to add something to the package, like candy, something bookish, or something festive if you want. But if you have any questions AT ALL, please feel free to email me.
The joy of giving and receiving and getting even more ideas for books to read for Cannonball Read TWELVE!
Enjoy and Happy Reading!