The entry period for the raffle is now closed. The winner will be announced on December 3, 2018.
So far we have raised $1,652 towards our $1,500 goal!
After Thanksgiving, we had Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and now it’s #GivingTuesday. Today, we’re asking folks to chip in and donate to celebrate 10 years of Cannonball Read and more than 20,000 books read in honor of AlabamaPink. Our goal this year is to raise $1,500.00 Your support will help us continue sticking it to cancer, one book at a time.
Cannonball Read (CBR) is an online, memorial book challenge to read and review 52 books in a year (or 26 or 13) with a mission to donate profits to the American Cancer Society. We’re essentially a virtual book club where participants read what they want and write what they want, all while shouting to the world, “F— Cancer!”
CBR honors Amanda “AlabamaPink” Amos, our fierce warrior queen who lost her battle with cancer in 2009. She was a true Pajiban (see Pajiba), filled with eloquence and sass. Cannonballers since that time have read over 20,000 books in her memory and have donated over $3,000 in her name.
As an incentive this year, all donors will be entered into a raffle! Every person who donates today or by the end of November will get one entry into the prize raffle drawing. One lucky donor will win the amazing prize package shown below, valued at approximately $200.00. Prize winner will be announced on December 3, 2018. The prize package consists of:
- Signed paperback copy of Twenty-Six Seconds: A Personal History of the Zapruder Film by Alexandra Zapruder
- Signed copy of Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess)
- Atonement by Ian McEwan (paperback)
- Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan (paperback)
- A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers (paperback)
- Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris (hardcover)
- The Passage by Justin Cronin (hardcover)
- The Night Film by Marisha Pessl (hardcover)
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll (hardcover)
- The Kills by Richard House (paperback)
- Cannonball Read mug
- English Breakfast tea
- Mr. Tea silicone tea infuser
- Hyperbole and a Half notebook set
How You Can Donate and Get a Chance in the Raffle
If you’d like to kick in a couple of euros, dollars, or yen, hit us up on Paypal and make your contribution via “Send funds to friends and family” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our page on venmo.com to send funds.
We’re now accepting payments via Google Pay. Send funds to our Gmail address email@example.com.
Other Ways to Support CBR
If you’re not able to make a monetary donation, there are other ways to help Cannonball Read fight cancer. We appreciate every bit of support from people participating this year, previous Cannonballers, and friends of Cannonball Read.