I am a huge scaredy cat! I cannot watch horror movies or read horror books. I still have nightmares from scary movies I saw as a kid. This makes me the perfect person to pen the Cannonball Read Horror in Summer blog post.
Nowadays, there are so many subgenres of horror books – Gothic, Paranormal, Psychological, Post-Apocalyptic, and Sci-Fi, to name a few. But I am taking you back to the old horror genre of Splatterpunk. How could anybody not love that word?
Under the assumption that horror is better with a chainsaw, I invite you to add “with a chainsaw” to book titles to create great Splatterpunk horror books.
As is always the case I will start you off (and get completely carried away) with modified titles of some of my recent reads:
- Remarkably Bright Creatures with a Chainsaw
- In Deeper Waters with a Chainsaw
- The Perfect Marriage with a Chainsaw
- The People We Keep with a Chainsaw
- The Good Left Undone with a Chainsaw
- Act Cool with a Chainsaw
- Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret with a Chainsaw.
- Flying Solo with a Chainsaw
- One Italian Summer with a Chainsaw
- Joan is Okay with a Chainsaw
Now it’s your turn, go crazy and comment away with your modified book titles!