Registration for Book Exchange is now closed. Make sure to keep an eye on the Book Exchange tag to see what gifts make their way to excited Cannonballers.
Each year Cannonball Read holds a (completely voluntary) Holiday Book Exchange, and we’re happy to continue the tradition this year. It’s a lovely part of our community here at CBR and a great way to get to know a fellow Cannonballer a little bit better. If you are able to join us in the fun of sending books we are excited for you to join our bookish end of year celebration. Whether you have posted zero reviews or more than 500, everyone registered for CBR14 is welcome.
Here’s how it works!
- Sign up before midnight Friday, November 18, 2022.
- You will receive an email with details about your giftee no later than November 20, 2022.
- Send your gift to your recipient by December 1, 2022.
- Post a picture of the gift you receive from your gifter here on the group blog and tag it Book Exchange. You can see pictures from past years on our archive page.
- Sign-up is super easy! Fill out our quick Google Form , and you’ll be all set. You’ll get a confirmation email from me by the next day and your assignment email by November 20.
- Shop and send your gift as soon as you can, but definitely by December 1st.
- We’re asking in the Google Form for suggestions of local and independent bookstores near you, but Bookshop is also a great option. Don’t forget to select Cannonball Read on Amazon Smile.
- You’ll also have the option of indicating if you’d like to receive an eBook, allowing us to share your email with your gifter.
- Send an email when you send your gift so we can make sure everyone is on track.
- If you haven’t received a package by December 21, send an email so we can follow up with your gifter.
- Post a picture of your gift in a post here on the site, and tag it Book Exchange. Your gifter wants to know that it made it to you, and we all want to see what awesome book you’re going to be able to read.
- Mark the post as “not a review” to not affect your overall count.
- The gift picture post does not have to meet the CBR word minimum, so don’t worry about that!
Just like in past years, our general guidance is to “send a book or two with a small something extra,” and we prefer that you stick to $25 or less plus shipping. If you send a used book, make sure it is in a good condition–think “like new”. Feel free to add something to the package, like candy, something bookish, or something festive if you want. But if you have any questions AT ALL, please feel free to email me.
We hold this exchange for the joy of giving and receiving AND getting even more ideas for books to read and review for our 15th year!
Enjoy and Happy Reading!