Wherein I review:
154. Worst. Person. Ever by Douglas Coupland
155. Season of the Witch: How the Occult Saved Rock and Roll by Peter Bebergal
156. Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
157. The Dark Defiles (A Land Fit for Heroes #3) by Richard K. Morgan
158. Desolation Island (Aubrey & Maturin #5) by Patrick O’Brian
TRIPLE CANNONBALL ACHIEVED
As my regularity falls apart like an Acapulco tourist’s bowel movements, I feverishly exploded across that third times a charm finish line. Not quite the worst book ever, but it was just trying to hard to make me hate everyone. Not just running with the devil, but the angels, and the yogis, and all kinds of interstellar music riffing. How the f–k do you explain Lincoln in the Bardo? An oral history of purgatory relating to Willie Lincoln and his presidential father. I finally finished A Land Fit for Heroes, and I can’t tell you anything about the pantheon and mythology, but there sure was a lot of gay sex so yay! Fantasy ain’t just for you straights. And yet another swashbuckler doing it’s thang.