Betrayal. Just, betrayal. That is the main feeling I have at this point. Well, the main feeling in like 75% of my brain. The other 25% understands logically why what happened in this book happened, but that 75%, it is PISSED.
Just, how dare you.
Maybe it is a good thing that Vaughan and Staples are taking a year-ish hiatus on this series, because my main impulse right now is to go over to their houses, knock all the books off their bookshelves in a righteous fury, and maybe like, kick some furniture aggressively while yelling nonsense.
I’m not even hyperbolically reacting here. I am genuinely very angry about the last few pages of this book. I believe they know what they’re doing, but I am not happy about it. SPOILERS (SERIOUSLY) Marko was my favorite character, and I don’t think I will ever fully accept that they thought he needed to die END SPOILERS.
Perhaps when the year hiatus is up I will feel differently, but I don’t think so.