Katie (faintingviolet) has offered to handle the organization of the exchange for 2016. You can email her directly with any questions and to sign up (see the directions below). The CBR Book Exchange is completely voluntary, but it’s a lovely part of our community here at CBR and a great way to get to know a fellow Cannonballer a little bit better. Not to mention that it provides a great excuse to purchase something via the Cannonball Read Buy Hole. Remember, 100% of the percentages generated through the Buy Hole go to the American Cancer Society to fight cancer.
If you are interested in participating this year, here are the details:
The time line:
- Sign up by 27 November.
- Send a package to your recipient by 12 December. You will receive an email with details from Katie no later than 28 November.
- Send an email to Katie when you send your package so she can make sure everyone is on track. If you haven’t received a package by 1 January, send Katie an email.
- Post a picture of your gift in a post on the group blog, and enter Book Exchange in the tag field, right below the Genre Categories. Mark the review number as 0.
How to sign up:
It’s easy! Send an email to Katie at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your Full Name and Mailing Address (If you wish to remain anonymous, please indicate how you’d like your package to be addressed, for example, Mrs. Julien was Mrs. Julien last year on her packaging.)
- Your CBR Name
- If you are willing to send internationally. (We have Cannonballers all over the world!)
- Some information to help your gifter – a wish list with 3-5 books, or a list of favored authors and genres – fortunately, with this blog we should be able to get some ideas about what everyone likes. Also, anything you absolutely wouldn’t read and if you have a Goodreads account or similar that could be good to have a look at as well.
Food for thought:
If you send a used book, make sure it is in a good condition– think “like new.” Feel free to add something to the package, like candy, something bookish, or something festive. We don’t issue a hard monetary constraint on this since in the past the guidance “send a book or two with a small something extra” seemed to be enough to restrain people from going too crazy and keep the monetary amount within limits. But if you any questions about what you’re sending and if it’s within the usual limits for our first time exchangers, please feel free to drop Katie an email.
Enjoy and Happy Reading!